At Help Scout, the sales team serves as a trusted advisor for prospects and customers -- listening to their needs, clearly explaining what’s possible, and leading training/onboarding efforts to make sure everyone is successful for the long term. Quite simply, you’ll have the opportunity to impact small businesses in a big way on a daily basis.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- You’ll partner with customers through the entire buying process, from initial evaluation to close, and through onboarding of the entire team. In most cases, you’ll be the primary point of contact through the first year renewal.
- You’ll team with marketing to ensure inbound campaigns are well coordinated as you follow up to qualify and close those opportunities.
- In most cases you’ll be working with SMBs with up to 250 employees leading to a higher volume of transactions at lower values. Efficiency is a must in this fast moving business.
- The companies you work with will be qualified and passed to you based on the number of expected Users. They will mostly be trial signups, webinar attendees, or inbound leads we’ve talked with to get a high-level understanding of their needs. You’ll also work with existing customers on high-value upgrade and expansion opportunities.
- Most of your time will be spent working with stakeholders over email and on the phone, and doing demos. There’s a reason we call you a trusted advisor -- this is less about the hard sell and more about having the product knowledge, passion and people skills to let the product sell itself.
- Based on what works, you’ll experiment with, measure and document strategies that help us increase sales effectiveness. You’ll be a critical part of helping us enhance our sales playbook.
- You’ll be proactively reporting on learnings and valuable feedback to the product team so that we can improve the product and prioritize the right projects.
- We’re looking for someone who can work mostly EST hours. Because we value work-life balance and creating a sustainable position, we prefer if you are geographically located in the EST timezone (so you do not need to zone-shift or work far outside of normal business hours where you live).
- You have 2+ years of successful selling to SMBs, and have experience working on deals similar in size and volume to the ones you’d be working on at Help Scout.
- You are in sales because you love helping people win. It energizes you to work alongside people to improve their business.
- You are naturally curious and have a history of learning new things quickly. This is especially important in a remote company like Help Scout, as you won’t always have people nearby that you can talk to and learn from.
- You excel at managing yourself like a successful business -- highly organized, setting and achieving goals with regularity, creating a great customer experience, and making your teammates better.
- You have experience tracking all of your sales activity and reports with Salesforce.
- As the primary point of contact and a trusted advisor, you’re happy to wear several hats: sales, support, customer success. Over the course of a customer’s first year, you may be point person on any one of them, mobilizing your teammates for support.
- Above all, you’re an entrepreneur and are excited by the prospect of building your business and hitting your quarterly and annual goals.
- Help Scout is a remote team with employees in eleven countries (eight people in the Boston office). We optimize for excellence over geography and overcome remote challenges through transparency, trust, chat and video conferencing.
- We’re a customer-driven company and always will be. Everything follows the customer experience, no exceptions.
- Our company is growing and has aspirations of helping millions of people around the world. Accomplishing our goals will present countless challenges and require you to excel in every aspect of the position. It’s hard work, but the people we’re looking for love exploring and solving hard problems.
- This is not the typical startup “rocket ship.” We’ll never compromise customers or the experience in favor of growth. Our purpose is to build a profitable company that small businesses love and sustain it. We optimize your career at Help Scout for the long term as well, so keeping a healthy work/life balance is an important priority.
- We value diversity at Help Scout and welcome all applicants regardless of actual or perceived race, color, ethnicity, sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, parental status, or caregiver status.
- Competitive Salary - We pay at or above market salary in most cases and evaluate a lot of research to make sure everyone is paid well. The formula we use to calculate all salaries is public to employees and is improved upon regularly.
- Work anywhere - Work from our office in Boston or anywhere else, provided you have 4 hours of overlap with the team. We’ll even buy your home office furniture or help you pay for a co-working space.
- Health and dental insurance - We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Aetna policy.
- Long-term/Short-term Disability Insurance & Life Insurance - we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST Disability insurance and base Life Insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider.
- International Benefit Stipend - If you’re based outside the US, you’ll receive a monthly stipend that goes towards covering medical insurance, long and short-term disability, and accountant costs.
- Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it, we trust you.
- Paid parental leave, including adoption - 12 weeks if you have or adopt a baby, 4 weeks if your partner has a baby.
- 401k with 1% match- 1% Retirement Plan matching for both US and International Employees
- Personal development stipend - Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
- Great tools - Each employee receives a Mac laptop and 27'' display (or equivalent). We’ll also purchase any of the software or hardware you need as well as high-end furniture to get your home office started
- Complete transparency - Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.